In an effort to save as much as we can, I have cut our budget down a ton! We've been so excited with how well we are doing and it's exciting to see a nice amount being deposited into savings.
Two days ago, I got this nasty idea in my head. I want to redo my floors! Not all of them, just some of it. We have like a 5 square foot little entry way that's got vinyl. I've never really liked it, but didn't really care much to do anyhthing about it. Just threw a cute rug over it and called it good. Well then Andrew went and helped someone move in a few doors down from us and he said they have the laminate wood flooring there. BING! I get this genius idea that we should have something nice there too. At first I was thinking tile. But the more I looked into it, I decided doing tile on your own will result in a tile job that looks like you did it your own. And for such a small space it would be dumb to hire someone to do it...and expensive!
THEN I talked to my sister and she kindly reminded me how her hubbie and my dad put laminate flooring in their townhome and how easy it was. BING! I can do laminate instead! I found one that I liked on the Lowe's website and it got me even more excited. Now comes the hard part...convincing Andrew that this is a good idea. I think we can do our entry way and our kitchen for under $100. Am I crazy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No, you're not crazy at all! I hear laminate flooring is so easy to install and it is so durable. It's totally something you could do - tell Andrew I think it's a great idea and it lasts forever.
Post a Comment