We are starting a new Christmas tradition in our house. It's called the "Elf on the Shelf'". This elf is supposed to watch your kids and every night when they are asleep, he goes back to the North Pole and reports to Santa on how good or bad they are doing. My mom got it for me. Today is day 1 and Carson loved getting the box "in the mail" from Santa with our special elf. I wrote up this cute letter from Santa and told him that the elf isn't allowed to talk to you, but you can tell him your Christmas wishes and he will pass them along to Santa. Every night when he leaves, he ends up in a different spot when he comes back, so Carson gets to look for the elf every morning to see where he ended up.Apparently you can buy this kit for like $30 that has an elf and a book to go along with it, but my mom found this guy at Wegmans for 4 bucks and I just made up my own letter to go along with it. Have any of you heard of doing this? I hadn't before, but I'm really excited to try it out.
2 comments:
No, never heard of it but it sounds so cute. Looking for the elf sounds so much fun - I would want to look for it myself.
That's a cute joy block. Did you make it yourself?
Post a Comment