Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April Fools


So we played a little joke on the bishop in my singles ward. We got 12 people and took engagement pictures. None of us our dating but we paired off and took pictures. So I took the pictures and designed 6 wedding announcements. They actually looked pretty good for whipping them together. Mine is one of my least favorites but never the less here it is. Then we sent these announcements in the mail to the bishop the days leading up April 1st. We even sat by each other in church and FHE and wore fake wedding rings leading up to the day. The bishop loved it and even showed it to the stake president. He now wants to have a wedding party and exchange silly gifts.
I also put my announcement at the front desk at my work. I got some people really good. One guy said to the receptionist, "I can't believe Emily is getting married and she didn't even tell us." She said "look at the date." "Oh my word she is getting married today!" She then had to point out that it is April Fools day.

3 comments:

Abs said...

Awesome joke.

So, he's cute...

Courtney said...

Nice!

He is cute... :-)

Tricia said...

Hahaha!!! I LOVE your pranks, Emily! I wish I could've played a part or been there!