Monday, March 7, 2011

The life of squirt

Wow I didn't realise that so many of us were dealing with big major events in their lives too. I've kinda been in a stress bubble lately and not really aware of what's going on around me. Andrew has officially had it with our condo. He wants out and he wants out now. It's getting a tad squishy now that we have Kayla. Plus Carson starts Kindergarten this fall and the school he would be going to is not a very good school. Half of it is Hispanic children who don't speak English and over 60% of the kids get the free lunch program, which I've heard is very hard to get into because you have to be pretty dang poor to qualify. We are worried that Carson will just get lost or forgotten in a school that has a lot to deal with. But we can't afford a house in the metro DC area. So that means we need to relocate to somewhere where we can afford a house. The big question here is...where to we go? We've narrowed it down to either Phoenix, AZ or Richmond, VA. We've been thinking about this for a long time and Andrew has told me that he is happy with either location, so I can choose where I would be the most happy. Thinking about moving has been giving me major panic attacks. I have been so stressed out that I am eating like crazy. Hard to loose baby weight when you are still eating like you are pregnant. And now I have an insane cold so all I want to do is lie in my bed and give myself a nyquil coma. Last night we sat down and tried to officially decide where we were going to go and after talking for 90+ minutes, I don't think we ever officially came to a decision...mainly because of me. I'd rather stay here, but I know that Andrew would be really happy being in Arizona with his family. Logically, I see how Arizona would be a good fit for us, but when I think about it, I get these horrible feelings and I have no idea why and that's really frustrating me. I know there's a reason why I'm getting those feelings, but I wish I knew what that was. It would almost be easier to tell Andrew and that I hate his family and have no desire to ever see them again.

So our plan is to make a decision this week and hopefully by June by a house and get settled in for Carson to start Kindergarten in the fall. I just wish I could get over being so stressed about moving and the anxiety that I am going to make the wrong decision and be unhappy with where we end up. Man why must being a grown up be so stinkin hard sometimes!?

Seems like this is the perfect time for all of us to move back together again. Does anyone still have our grand plans for living on a farm or whatever?

2 comments:

Tricia said...

That's a tough call!! If it makes any difference, when we were little and lived in Falls Church, we had great teeth and no cavities because they flouridate the water. Our UT dentist could see a difference. Not that that has anything to do with your decision, but it was all I could think of besides the fact the Virginia is gorgeous! Although, you are amazing to live with that humidity. I guess you did live in NJ. I don't know what to tell you...I just say let's all build that farm in Kansas. We can grow our own food...we have a doctor, a dentist, an accountant, a graphic designer, a couple teachers, enough kids to start our own elementary school, music teachers and...Cat, what was Adam doing again? I want to say like physical therapy, but that's not it...was it the Recreation Management and Youth Leadership...sorry!! I can't remember...but we need him too.

Abs said...

I'm all about the Rockette compound. :) Especially if we can carpool the kids to school and take turns taking naps.

Turns out I have pneumonia, which is one of the reasons I was struggling so much. How does extreme fatigue sound on top of having an infant? Awesome.

Good luck Squirt. I know you and Andrew will pick the right thing for your family.