Saturday, March 28, 2009

Court: DC outting

Yesterday Andrew and I attended a retirement ceremony for a friend who is a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy. It was way cool! We had to get clearance before we could go. That in and of itself made me really want to go. It was held at the Eisenhower Executive Office building, which is like next door to the White House. Beautiful building! This is Andrew and I at the reception after the ceremony. The flag behind us only has 48 stars. We were trying to think of a cool story for this flag, but we couldn't.

These pictures are for you Amanda. They had the coolest looking cake there too! I tried to get pictures, but they didn't come out so well. They had the letters pop up and all the cool seals of the navy, the President and where he worked. He worked for the Office of National Drug Control Policy and would go on all these trips to Columbia and hunt down drug lords and all this insanely insane stuff. Emily, don't marry into the military.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

That's awesome, Courtney! The cake looks yummy. :)