Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Court: frosting

My mom has corrupted me. There are just some things that I have to make from scratch because that's how I grew up. Spaghetti sauce is one, which you all know. I have a hard time buying the jar sauce at the store. Plus it's gives you the freedom to be creative and add lots of fun things, like fresh basil, oregano and parsley. Gotta love growing fresh herbs.

Another is chocolate frosting. I'm not talking opening a bag of powdered sugar and adding milk and chocolate. I'm talking boiling, stirring constantly, waiting for it to cool, and then whipping it by hand until it thickens. It's a long process, but in the end, so worth it! Tastes ten times better than any frosting you would buy at the store.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Yum!! Can I have the recipe?

Abs said...

Yeah, I'm not sure why you think you can post pictures of that without a recipe?

Courtney said...

I'll post it for you.