Thursday, April 16, 2009

Court: recipe

This is in no ways healthy at all, which is why it tastes so good!

Chocolate Frosting

2 cups sugar
3 heaping tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup light corn syrup
dash salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Add all, except vanilla, to saucepot. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until comes to rolling boil. Boil for 90 seconds, keep stirring. Transfer to glass bowl. Add vanilla when cool, usually after an hour or so. Beat with a spoon when cool to thicken. Add milk if too thick, a tablespoon at a time.

Tip: You have to stir it really well while it's cooking. If any of the sugar crystalizes, then it turns all grainy and really gross. I had to make 2 batches last week because that happened to my first one. When I transfer it to a glass bowl, I don't scrape the sides because that's where it tends to crystalize first. Leftovers are great on graham crackers.

No comments: