Sometimes when I'm awake all by myself when at any other day I am usually sleeping, I get online and type in questions or concerns or just thoughts I have. Usually I find answers or ideas, and sometimes it puts me in a bad mood. So, I try to make it a habit to search lds.org instead of the internet. Then I'm in a good mood and I usually have answers that make me happy instead of disgruntled. Anyways, as I was reading, I came across this. I thought you all might like it.
If you want to read where I got it from...
For Time and All Eternity
Elder Boyd K. Packer
“Motherhood thus becomes a holy calling, a sacred dedication for carrying out the Lord’s plans, a consecration of devotion to the uprearing and fostering, the nurturing in body, mind, and spirit, of those who kept their first estate and who come to this earth for their second estate ‘to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them.’ (Abr. 3:25) To lead them to keep their second estate is the work of motherhood, and ‘they who keep their second estate shall have glory added upon their heads for ever and ever.’ (op. cit.) [Abr. 3:26]
“This divine service of motherhood can be rendered only by mothers. It may not be passed to others. Nurses cannot do it; public nurseries cannot do it; hired help cannot do it—only mother, aided as much as may be by the loving hands of father, brothers, and sisters, can give the full needed measure of watchful care.”
“Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's beautiful!
Post a Comment