Okay so I need a little advice. I'm going to throw Carson a birthday party this year. It's going to be dinosaur themed and of course be totally awesome. I'm having issues with who to invite...one boy in particular. Little background: his mom and I are in ithe primary presidency together, we did preschool together last year and they are in the same sunbeam class. So he has spent a lot of time with him. Well back in March, this little boy had a birthday party and didn't invite Carson. No biggie. He didn't know so he wasn't sad. Well this boy then decides to taunt Carson by saying "I had a party and you weren't invited!" while we were doing preschool. I don't think Carson really cared, but it really bothered me that he was being so mean about it.
So I'm having issues as to whether or not to invite him. They really don't play together other than when I do things with his mom. And he goes to a different preschool than Carson this year. But we're inviting the other 2 boys that we did the co-op with last year. Should I get over my tiff and invite him?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, that's a toughie. Was it the boy who didn't want Carson there or the mom? If you and she are friends, I would invite the boy. Actually, would you feel comfortable asking the mom if her son would want to come? Maybe Carson wasn't invited because her son is a meanie and doesn't like playing with Carson...in that case, don't invite him. But I would call and ask her.
That is rough. My first thought is to kick him to the curb. But probably the right thing to do is invite him, that whole 'Jesus loves everyone' business. That way if they don't want to come they don't have to, but they won't have the hurt feelings that you did.
Thinking about throwing bday parties makes me want to jump off a cliff. I hate 'em. Want to come and throw JJ one in Oct? Otherwise I'm afraid she'll be party-less.
Post a Comment