Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Tricia: Boo to early mornings
So, Gideon has decided that he loves waking up at 5am. The only way I can get back to sleep is if I can get him back to sleep. (He just babbles in bed, which keeps me up.) So I feed him and down he goes. If I'm lucky I'll fall right to sleep again...sometimes not so lucky. I've told some moms and they hate that he even sleeps that long. That's not the issue, it's that I hate early mornings! And I hate not being able to sleep through the night even more. I'm going to start shortening his naps to see if that works. Nothing else has. So here's to a grumpy, tired baby in the day and maybe more time to sleep in...like until 6:45-ish! Oh the joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I also really miss sleeping through the night. I'm up every 3 hours feeding Elayna for like an hour and then if I'm lucky she'll sleep in her own bed. She only likes to sleep in our arms.
Tricia, when does he go to bed? I knew a girl who had to hang up hotel style light blocking curatins in her babys room or else they would wake up as soon as the sun was coming up. Hang in there guys. It doesn't last forever.
Amanda I can't tell you how many times I fell asleep on the couch holding Carson waiting for him to be asleep enough to lay down in his bed.
I'm hesitant to leave advice because I know I come across as an insufferable know-it-all sometimes. BUT I cant resist! I've learned that when my kids aren't crying I don't mess with them. Put your pillow over your head and go back to sleep.
Also, I liked this article http://simplemom.net/sleep-strategies-for-mom/#more-3889
And, just to make you discredit my advice, I threw a kids chair today (not at anyone, but in anger) and contemplated shaking Zoe to death when she pooped in her underwear this afternoon. I'm an awesome mom.
Post a Comment