Saturday, August 14, 2010

weekend of ups and downs

Yesterday my sister and I took the kids to Totally Trucks. It's an event where kids and go and play in police cars, fire trucks, snowplows, tractors, etc. The boys totally eat it up. Well they had a great time and we were having an awesome day. Until...we went back to my sister's house and by accident, Carson got hit in the head with her basement door and got a 1/2 inch slice on his forehead. Poor guy was gushing blood and I was trying not to panic. Luckily Lauren's neighbor is a doctor, so we ran him next door to find out if he needs stitches. Thank goodness it wasn't bad enough to warrent stitches. Here he is after we put on liquid bandage, a butterfly bandage and a bandaid on top to help the bleeding. For getting whacked in the head he was surprisigly chipper. After I told my parents what happened, my dad said "if it scars, he'll have his Harrison Ford scar."

Then today, I noticed our upstairs neighbor outside calling the towing company. We have a love/hate relationship with him. Me, being the horrible person that I am, found a little pleasure in the fact that he got towed. Later, I noticed he was talking to 3 policeman outside. Apparently his car wasn't towed, but stolen. As much as I loathe him, I felt really bad about that. The moral of my story is, don't have too much fun this weekend, or else it'll come back to get you.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh, I hate head cuts because you always freak out because they bleed so much! Glad he didn't need stitches.