Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My beautiful niece Ashlynn passed away yesterday. She was 18 days old. She had a lot of complications about a week after she was born and on Saturday they found that she had very little brain activity. Monday night they did her baby blessing and then on Tuesday they took her off the respirator. She hung on for 12 hours and then finally passed peacefully in her daddy's arms. Lauren and I tried to work out coming for her funeral, but with Christmas it just didn't work out. So me and my other sisters and fams are up at my parents house for Christmas while my parents are out in Utah with Aubrey and Ryan. It's going to be a hard Christmas for us all, but I'm glad to know that Ashlynn is no longer suffering.

1 comment:

Abs said...

I'm so sorry Courtney. We'll definitely be praying for your sister and her husband.