Had a baby on Wednesday, in case you hadn't heard. Overall it went well. I seemed to get all the people who felt like torturing me when it came to needles. The iv guy was determined to make it as painful and SSSLLLOOOWWWW as possible. When I was getting my epidural, she started to put it in before I was numb. Can we say OUCH?! She did that 3 times before the numb stuff kicked in. And somehow my left side ended up twice as numb as my right. It was dead weight for HOURS after giving birth. Other than that, it went smoothly. Andrew took a nap while I watched Food Network. Kayla's head was turned to the side, so my ob coaxed her to turn it the right way. After he did that, I went from a 6 to a 10 in about 3 minutes. She dropped, I pushed and there she was. My "little" baby ended up being 8lbs 11oz. I'm definitely feeling that.
We are now home and loving having a little one in the house. Carson and Abby are smitten and argue over who gets to hold her. I've been doing relatively well with nursing her, but we'll see. She has a bit of jaundice, so we've had fun going back to the hospital for blood draws. I'm crossing my fingers that tomorrow will be our last trip.
3 comments:
Congratulations! I still can't believe you have 8 pound babies!!! Love you - Wish I lived by you so I could bring you dinner and visit.
Congrats Court! Wish I could hold her. I miss you and your little family. Even the ones I haven't met. :) Way to go with the big babies!! And super kudos for not punching the needle people. I would have. :)
yay for new babies! Glad everything went well.
Post a Comment